Subject: Re: OT Print dev, was [Leica] m2
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:40:55 -0700

Malcolm McCullough wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >Alan Brown wrote:
> >><snip>
> >> I also tried Mark Rabiner's suggestion of leaving the b+w print in the
> >> developer for 8 to 10 minutes with no agitation.  I got chemical fogging
> >> and mottling in the print but the shadows really were different and very
> >> interesting.><snip>
> >Nope, that wasn't me. Does sound a tad like something I would come up with
> >though. But no.
> >Mark Rabiner
> >

> I confess to having made this suggestion. What dev are you using Alan? Did
> you cover the tray to prevent safelight fogging?
>
> If anyone wants to see good examples of this technique, look at any of Tom
> (Thomas Joshua) Cooper's work.
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

I have worked from the whole other kind of negs curve wise that you get from two
bath developers and water bath techniques. I stopped doing the 2 bath because I
was doing a  lot of shooting on a white backdrop as I was starting out and I
couldn't get it to drop out enough. It was coming out too grey. Very easy to
print but not too sharp negs.
Mark Rabiner