Subject: Re: [Leica] Death Spiral
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:59:21 -0700

Dan Post wrote:
><snip>
> Personally, I think the Leica and Zeiss lenses strike a happy medium. I am
> sure that if Nikon wanted the market, they could compete with Leica, but
> then at what cost!
> Dan
> Pondering while it rains....

I don't get it! Surely you know about Nikons full array of ultra high end Lenes!
Nikon reminds me of Powells book store here in Portland OR which has a book in
new to old hardcover, new than old paperback, then progressivly older paperback
rattier paperback editions for pennies.
The options on a single focal length with Nikon are many. And they do most often
range from the ultra high to the ultra low and they do include older Lenes: Non
AF to Non AI.
Mark Rabiner