Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic - the Nikon F5
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:54:46 -0500

I've owned the 24 Nikkor AI-S(a fine lens and my favorite Nikkor) but it
can't compete with the 24 or 28 Elmarit-R's in color rendition and contrast
(not to mention bokeh).  I've owned the 85 f/1.8 Nikkor and I love the focal
length but the lens isn't as good as my 90 Summicron-R.  I've owned two
versions of the 105 f/2.5.  Here again, they aren't in the same class as the
Summicron.  Simply do a comparison of the lenses using Kodachrome 25 by
mixing the slides in a tray and projecting them with a Prodovit.  Even my
father-in-law could pick out the Leica slides.  It's a no-brainer.

Now when you start talking about build quality, there's absolutely no
comparison...none!  There is no free lunch whether it's in photography, cars
or anything else.

Just my humble opinion of course:-)
Bud