Subject: [Leica] AF, af, af
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:43:59 -0400

Well said.  It's not so much the dialogue consisting of autofocus.  It's the
tone, almost as if one is, perhaps quite passively, welcoming the occasion
to applause AF which in some way or another is a statement about Leica not
being able to do such things.  Like a burden is lifted and one is refreshed
by the AF talk.  It wouldn't be such a bad thing if the LUG wasn't so
effective in defending AF, especially when it's with the attitude "Leica is
still great!".  People eventually find ways of different but equal.  This is
good for this and that for that.  Fine. I suppose that's being 'realistic'
instead of being 'fanatic'.  There's always a response that refutes this and
it's another defense. Otherwise one way be thought of as some sort of
simpleton.

<<From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Monaghan's on AF lenses..BSHIT!:)

To me what is going on is that if for instance somebody started something
going
on about say "Clocks" and someone answered and I didn't have much interest
in
clocks which, I don't, not big deal; skim through it and or just delete it.
But autofocus is in effect a troll. It represents exactly the choice that we
have made that we DON'T WANT!!!
"No I am not an AF guy I am a Leica kinda guy"
If we loved the whole AF thing we would not be heavy into Leica M's and R's
would we?
 I've shot al the AF shots which is thousands I care to shoot. Now I'm into
Leica and taking more control over my images. AF issue almost bore me.
Anyone
who is frustrated my Leicas low techedness should possibly try not driving
themselves and everyone else crazy and partake freely in the many options
available to them. Nikon, Canon, Minolta all great camera systems! I say
have
fun with them! Not my thing though. And not this lists stated thing.
Mark Rabiner>>