Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Monaghan the Clueless replies...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:56:32 -0400

At 12:30 PM 8/23/1999 EDT, InfinityDT wrote:
>I've never used the Contax AX outside a camera
>store, but aside from inadequacies seemingly more related to the software
>than the design, it seems like a good approach.  Since Kyocera already has
an
>arrangement with Leica to produce some zoom lenses, I've wondered if an
>*updated* and re-engineered AX with an R mount couldn't be an economical way
>for Leica to offer AF without any compromise to their lenses.

Alas for your theory, but the AX technology isn't Kyocera's to sell.  It
belongs jointly to Kyocera and Zeiss.

The Kyocera deal with Leica is complete insulated from the Kyocera deal
with Zeiss.  There is no overlap.

Which does not, of course, mean that there isn't room for a deal of some sort!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!