Subject: [Leica] Re: the new 90/2 M
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:26:47 -0600

At 10:56 PM 23/08/99 +0200, you wrote:
> The aperture ring is
>firm and the focusing action smooth (something that was not true of the
>prototype I saw at Photokina last year).

So, only a prototype at last year's Photokina.  Hmm...
It's the going trend ... marketing products at trade shows long before they
are ready to put on dealers' shelves and in the hands of customers.  This
is really a sore point with me.  Photokina used to be a trade show
displaying what was new in the photo marketplace, not things like R8
motordrives and lenses which may not even be available by the time the next
Photokina takes place.