Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: the new 90/2 M
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:19:53 +0200

George,

Leica showed two new M lenses at Photokina, the 135mm Apo Telyt and the 90mm
Apo Summicron. The 135mm Apo Telyt was available in Belgium within weeks of
Photokina (I bought mine in Nov.), and probably in Germany before that. The
90mm was delayed by some production problem with the large aspheric element;
Leica said that it would be available in June 99 and as far as I know this was
the case.

The R8 motordrive is a different story, but I do not see any wrongdoing by
Leica in the case of these two lenses.

Nathan

George Huczek wrote:

> So, only a prototype at last year's Photokina.  Hmm...
> It's the going trend ... marketing products at trade shows long before they
> are ready to put on dealers' shelves and in the hands of customers.  This
> is really a sore point with me.  Photokina used to be a trade show
> displaying what was new in the photo marketplace, not things like R8
> motordrives and lenses which may not even be available by the time the next
> Photokina takes place.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium