Subject: [Leica] Resolution limitations of web photos "question"
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:20:28 EDT

    Hasn't the LUG consensus on this subject alway been that the simple
    limitations of resolution precludes the stealing of any posted web photo
    for any commercial usage?   However I don't think that this would apply
    to a high resolution photo that is sent by email from one computer to
    another.  Wasn't there a LUG member that was accused of borrowing*
    "Playboy" copyrighted material some years ago?  What was the out-
    come of the litigation???

     I just posted a low resolution scan from my last African trip to Hans
     Pahlens new website - and whereas it appears satisfactory on any
     150 dbi monitor, it will probably print awful.  I am quite new to this
     scanning & web posting, so forgive my ignorance --- but I am sure
     that there are many experts on the LUG that can clarify this for us.

     Curious Mary Grace

     No archive