Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Newbie Leica questions...buy new!
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:16:52 -0700

Hi Bryan,

>>Perhaps if you bought used you'd get equipment that already had the
"out-of-the-box defects" worked out.<<

You're probably right!  I had to laugh when I read your post, because that
is almost exactly the same thing Land Rover owners say.  It's also why on
the JD Power Quality Survey, Land Rover is near the bottom for new cars, but
near the top as a used car.  Reason?  Because it's a fundamentally good
design that's assembled poorly.  The dealers sort out the "teething"
problems during the warranty period.

You've got to admit...that no-fault Passport warranty offers great peace of
mind, especially if your equipment gets alot of use.  I'm thinking of
extending it on some of my gear.

- --Jim