Subject: Re: [Leica] Tape and its applications
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:29:46 +0000

At 05:29 PM 08/24/1999 -0000, you wrote:
>Having Had  Near Death Experience on Aug. 11, Dr. Blacktape is looking for
>some Lugthoughts...
>
>A week ago this past Wednesday, while driving up Rt. 85 near Petersburg,
>Va., with 16-year-old son and 7-year-old dog in RAV4 Dr. Blacktape managed
>to briefly "nod off" at 4:30 in the afternoon and rolled aforementioned car
>and contents. Son and Poodle escaped miraculously uscathed. Dr. Btps style
>will be cramped for some months to come by a broken collar bone, five broken
>ribs, a crushed thoracic vertebra, and the need for a polysomething and
>what-not chest brace and neck collar....No permanent damage, however, again,
>miraculously....

Lets see now... I used to tape up my ankles, elbows, misc body parts before
racing motorcycles, never broke a bone. Quit that for bicycles sans tape
and sheared off my front forks, and much of my face on a downhill section.
Used to tape up my M4 to look like an ugly M4 with tape on it. Took the
tape off and dropped it the next chance I got on a tile floor. More
recently dropped it again and destroyed the rangefinder mechanism (Sherry
can attest to this). My question is, where was your tape at the time of the
accident? My second question is, do you know of a clear, see through tape
to protect lens from exposure to battery acid?

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Now people will
stop asking where Dr. Blacktape went. He didn't go west, he only went
south. Take care.

Bill Franson