Subject: Re: [Leica] Movie stills photography??
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:46:10 +0000

You should start looking to rent a blimp (soundproof housings for body and
lens) for your Nikon or Canon (I'm not aware that they are available for
Leica Rs). I know you can rent them from Samys Camera in LA but you're in
Canada. You are going to need it if they want you to shoot while filming.
Try a rental place in Toronto. Leica Ms are great for production stills
between takes. You would probably be shooting chrome and black and white
film. Ektachrome 320T, plus your daylight 400 chrome film of choice, and
Tri-x or T-max 400. Have a flash available though you may not use it.

It can be alot of fun BUT you are probably going to be asked to give up all
rights to your film. The big ouch, but that's your decision.

On the set... don't let your ego get in the way of anyone else's.

Bill Franson