Subject: [Leica] Re: Newbie Leica questions...(a thicker plot)
From: "Mike Quinn" <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:06:42 -0700

It shouldn't indicate 10 feet! But I began to doubt, so I just tested my 35
summicron with eyes again.
Results:
With the eyes on and the subject at eight feet from the film plane, the
rangefinder images coincide at an indicated distance of 8 feet.  Without the
eyes, the images coincide at an indicated distance of 5 feet (not 5.5 feet).

Perhaps your rangefinder is out of adjustment? I had that happen once and
didn't figure out what the problem was until I tested a lens and found that
the resolution was higher at the edges than at the center of the field.

Do your other lenses focus at an accurate indicated distance?

Mike Quinn