Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Web Pub Baloney (no leica)
From: "Steve Rowell" <rowell@cc.admin.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:09:35 -0500

Well, as a lurker I feel sufficiently chastised, so...

>As a solution I suggest that we fill the space with the kind of thing we
>want here.
>(Leica related subjects)

>What Leically are you interested in?

B&W mostly people ala Tina, Ted, Milos etc.

>What Leicas do you own/wish to own?

M6ttl & 50 Summicron (recent purchase)

>What do you photograph & how?

People and simple graphic form (separate topics :))

>Hows your darkroom - any hot tips?

Extra bedroom complete with no running water.

>Here's my question for today that relates to what do you photograph and
>how:

I've been comparing T-max 400 and Tri-x. I was pleased with a roll of Tri-x developed in PMK pyro with the exception of the only person shot on the roll that seemed to demonstrate exaggerated grain. The Tri-x processed in PMK seemed to have a nicer glow in the high values. OTOH, the T-max seems to really win on the grain issue. I plan to try a roll of Tri-x in D76 1:1 and compare the grain.

>Who on this list has read John Berger's & Jean Mohr's "Another Way of
>Telling"?

Haven't