Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Web Pub Baloney (no leica)
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:08:57 -0600

>Roger,
>I have to agree with you this Leica Users Group sadly is becoming a waste of
>my time every day. I signed on to learn about Leicas. Not bicycles, pens,
>clever little digs, people saying hello to each other, or even stories about
>vacation trips and car accidents. The truth is for somebody like me who
>would like to learn about Leica equipment and techniques there are other
>places to go.
>Steve
>Annapolis
>----------
So Grasshopper - You wish to learn?

THEN     ASK     A     QUESTION!

Preferably a Leica question.

Yes, there is a huge amount of crap to wade through here.  And a lot of
good stuff too.
I don't think any list gains value from lurkers who do not contribute.
(not calling you a lurker) My guess is that about 90% of the folks signed
on never post anything. They contribute nothing.  So in my view the LUG
is 90% non-participation, 10% participation with a little off-topic crap
from that 10%.

As a solution I suggest that we fill the space with the kind of thing we
want here.
(Leica related subjects)

What Leically are you interested in?

What Leicas do you own/wish to own?

What do you photograph & how?

Hows your darkroom - any hot tips?

Here's my question for today that relates to what do you photograph and
how:

Who on this list has read John Berger's & Jean Mohr's "Another Way of
Telling"?
Its a really good book about photography and has lots of Leica made
pictures.
(certainly Leica looking pictures)

Henry Ambrose