Subject: [Leica] Wanted: suggestions on 21mm
From: Ktuckphoto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:48:56 EDT

Dear Luggers,
        Between bikes and scotch could some of the more adept out there give
me some recommendations?  I've recently converted to the mystic order of
Leica from the vulgar Nikon following and I'm trying to figure out whether to
get the 19mm lense for the R series or pick up the previous generation of
21mm Elmarit for the M series.
Currently have an M6 and M4P with 35 summicron and 50 (latest) summicrom.
Also have four various R bodies (sl2's and R5's) with lenses from 24 to 180.
Which system will give me the greatest benefit with the wide angles.  I shoot
corporate imaging: trade shows, conferences and PR as well as some
advertising.  Polaroiding with one of the R5's and an NPC back.

One additional question:  I shoot a lot of portrait work and can't decide
between the 90 Summicron and the 90 Elmarit (both lastest) for that kind of
work.  The elmarit seems sharper close up and has a very defined look.  Which
to keep and which to sell.

I shoot for a living and I must say that my clients could tell a difference
in the imaging of Leica glass from the first moment I switched.

Thanks, Kirk