Subject: [Leica] Friday: trade Hasselblad for Leica?
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@zeanah.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:34:32 -0400

Kind of an odd request, I know

Sold my Leica gear some time back because I couldn't justify owning
3 camera systems; it lost out because I needed the other kits (Nikon
and Hasselblad) for weddings.

Now, after bad experiences with my ex-business partner, I'm taking a break
from weddings.  I'm finding I miss the portability of the Leica more than
I'm benefiting from ownership of the Hasselblad.  To be honest, it's just
too much hassle to carry an F5 or a 500C on anything other than a "planned"
photography trip because they're so big and attract so much attention.

Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of trading the 500C for a Leica rangefinder
kit.  I'm looking for a camera with an internal meter, preferably an M6, and
optics in good condition (cosmetic appearance isn't that important).  In
trade, I've got a 500C, 80mm f2.8 T*, 150mm f4, 2 '12' backs, wl finder,
Kiev prism, a pile of Zeiss filters to fit both lenses (Softar I & II,
Proxar 0.5, colored filters, polarizer), a couple of lens hoods, metered
winder, and some other stuff.  Most of the kit is Chrome.

She can create some wonderful images, but I rarely take her out any more.

Any interest?  Just interested in trades -- wife is in med school, which
translates nicely into "no additional expendatures on photo equipment."