Subject: Re: [Leica] BOKEH of 35mm lenses
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 06:48:38 +0000

Dan P. and others,
I could not believe my eyes when I printed some B^W pics taken with my 35
Summilux (non-ASPH) used between f1.4-f2.  There is this picture of a nurse
holding a fiberoptic scope with the light on and I can see the light like
fine particles passing from the end of the optic device to her finger about
2 inches away.  In another picture, as the whites bleed away from the
bright areas to the darker areas, the whole picture has that ethereal
subtle dreamlike glow which makes this lens a definite artform optic.  Now
I know what you LUGnuts who have this lens mean by that "glow".  I
regretted selling my previous 35 lux but am really glad I found a replacement.

Yes, Leica lenses each have that distinct fingerprint.  While the newer
ASPH/APO optics might have that edge in terms of optical performance, many
a times I find that the older generation ones produce  more pleasing to
look at pics.

Dan K.