Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: mindsets and cross processing
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:01:54 -0700

Wrong!!! This is a professional lab dealing with the professional
photographic community. It is in an industrial area, not in a consumer
area. For film processing, you do NOT have any contact with lab personnel.
All of the processing forms, job holders (to put your film and request form
into), and time clock stamp, are located in the lobby. There is a slot
through the wall that is a FILM DROP. Therefore... you write up your own
order, time stamp it, bag it, and drop it through the slot. As a
PROFESSIONAL lab they assume that anyone dropping film through the slot
knows what they are doing. They also assume that anyone needing assistance
will go to the counter and ask BEFORE filling out a processing request. But
if you don't know what you are doing AND you don't ask, and you submit a
job, well, you are just plain stupid.

Like going to a French restaurant, not speaking a word of french, and
ordering from the menu WITHOUT ASSISTANCE.

Escargot... yeah, that has a ring to it. I'll have whatever that is! Rare
please.

Dumb!

Not only that, the request forms have the process in huge letters right
across the top. E6, C41, CROSS PROCESS. Pretty simple. And a counter eight
feet away with clerks so asking for help is also pretty simple.

Jim

It's amazing to me how people always want to blame someone else. I
processed the film incorrectly so it's the lab's fault. I shot B&W (I
thought I had color in the camera) so it's the store's fault. Should have
asked me if I was going to forget what I had in the camera. I forgot to
change the ASA on my camera meter so I shot that Velvia at ASA 3200. It's
the film manufacturers fault for making such slow film. This could go on
forever. Take responsibility for your own actions. When you make a mistake,
own up to it.