Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Proper care for new M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:16:38 -0500

At 04:57 PM 8/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Burn a hole? Many will day it can be one but I doubt it. The sutter lies
>almost at the film plane. Light passing through the lens will not be at a
>point here but spread out wide enough to cover the frame.

Actually, truth be told it does happen. With wide angle lenses if you leave
it pointing at the sun for quite some time. No mirror to block the light.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color.
- -William Albert Allard, "The Photographic Essay"