Subject: Re: [Leica] New 35-70/2.8 ASPH (WAS: greetings....)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 08:23:58 -0500

At 01:12 PM 8/29/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Nikon can do it with their new 28-70/2.8 AF-S, which is not that bad
>(although the 28 mm setting is the weakest, but still more than
>acceptable from what I have seen on slide), so why not Leica???

Very good question. Leica should be investing in high-tech materials that
allow the rugged ness they like, along with the size and weight we like.
The new image stabilization lenses from Canon (300 2.8, 400 2.8, 500 4, 600
4) are all built with magnesium to keep them light and tough. Why not Leica?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is a  free  gift ? Aren't all gifts free?