Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT- More eBay idiocy!
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 01:39:36 EDT

Hi All,

Don't know how I got wrapped into this one.  Alistair is a hell of a nice
guy, but I never had the lens he describes, so I don't know why I won't budge
on the price of something I don't have!

I do know the identity of the seller of the 15 Heliar on e-bay for $610.  He
also had a bid for $605 for the same item.  He feels that if someone wants to
pay a premium for a hard to get lens, then that is the buyer's prerogative.
No one twists their arms to bid.  After all, they're all grownups, right?
Some may wonder why someone would pay a premium for an item advertised for
less elsewhere.  The point is, the other dealers can't deliver. Some people
will gladly pay a premium not to wait.  You might say, its capitalism at its
best (or worst)!

Bill Rosauer