Subject: [Leica] An Invitation to the Chicago LHSA Meeting
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 15:24:16 EDT

Dear LUGers,

As president of the LHSA and host of our Annual Meeting this year in Chicago,
I'd like to extend a personal invitation to all of you to attend the meeting
in Schaumberg, Illinois October 21-24, 1999.

We have put together a program this year which will appeal to the varied
interests of today's LHSA members.  The program this year will cater not only
to the collector/historian but also to the Leica user.

A brief rundown of the weekend's activities follows:

Thursday and Friday we will be running several tours into downtown Chicago.
These will include visits to the Art Institute of Chicago, The Chicago Museum
of Science and Industry and the River Architectural Tour of historic downtown
buildings.

Friday afternoon features a mini Leica Seminar by National Geographic
photographer, Ira Block.  Ira's recent assignments for NG include the current
issue's story on Olive Oil and the story of Sue the Dinosaur.  Ira will
discuss his approach to shooting for NG, as well as technique in lighting,
eqpt. selection, etc.  Friday evening will feature LUG and LHSA Board member
Gary Todoroff's slide show on his recent work with the US Coast Guard.

Saturday's program will include our own ERWIN PUTS on the New Generation of
Leica Lens Designers,  ROGER HORN  and STEFAN DANIEL of Leica Camera, a
report on the recent LHSA trip to Solms/Wetzlar, JIM LAGER noted Leica
historian and author on how to photograph your collection, BOB ROTOLONI Nikon
historian on the Nikon Rangefinder cameras, LARS NETOPIL Vice President of
Leica Historica and BILL AINSWORTH on collecting and using the classic camera
outfits of the great Leica masters.  We will also be raffling off an M6 TTL
outfit with 35/2 ASPH and 90/2 ASPH Saturday night.

Sunday we will have our buy/sell/swap session.

It promises to be a great Leica weekend.  Other LUG luminaries such as TOM A.
will also be in attendance.  Make plans to attend now.  You must be an LHSA
member to attend.  If you need an application, you can e-mail me at
LEICAMAN56@aol.com or call me at 800-755-5342 and I'll mail you an
application.  Or contact our Secretary Treasurer Stan Hodges at P.O. Box
250089, Plano, Texas 75025-0089.

Look forward to seeing you all in Chicago!

Bill Rosauer