Subject: Re: [Leica] Do I need a second body?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 20:52:44 +0000

>Hi all dear LUGs
>I´d like to ask for your advice. Actually I have a M6 with the following
>lenses: 35 f:1.4 non-ASPH ( I´m not so happy with it at all, it´s serial
>number is 328****, I think that is the uncoated one, rigth??), 50 f:2 and 90
>f:2 non-APO. I think that this clasic set is enough for me, as longer or
>shorter  ens I have some N**** lenses
> I would like to buy a new body because sometimes I have to be changing my
>lenses quite often, I have the 35 most of the time on the camera,around 70%,
>the 50 around 25% and the 90 the rest of the time.
> I´d like to have a second body as a backup and for the 50mm lens mainly, or
>even for having slides in one and B&W in the other.
>My main question is should I look for a second-hand body like a M3 or M4-P
>or should I try to buy another M6, maybe the 0.85? Which one will fit my
>requirements? I know that probably I will not use this second body as much
>as the main one, is it worth to buy a new M6? or maybe the M3 option is
>better?
>Regards

The 35 summilux is the coated type - great lens.  I'd keep it on the M6.
Get an M3 and use it with the 90 mm.  If you are using the same film, the
M6 meter can serve both.  The 50mm can fit on any body.

Dan K.
      'Promises are not meant to be broken....some people just fail to see the
                    importance of keeping them'