Subject: Re: [Leica] Comments on Russar 5,6/20 mm please....
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 17:33:59 -0400

At 01:55 PM 9/1/1999 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>I don't know about the East Coast, but on the West Coast the average
retail of
>Russars with black finder is $500

Sorry, Stephen

It is the International Market.  Try to see what you can buy them from on
the 'net.  In a lot of cases, Return Privileges Guaranteed, and so forth.

The dealers in the UK got a large shipment in last month.  No one is
talking about cessation of production for a hot item.

I agree, though, that you should never buy without a return privilege.

I wasn't knocking Stephen Gandy's adapters.  I'm certain they're most
wonderful.  What I am saying is that no retrofocus 21mm lens will
outperform a non-retrofocus 20, unless the first is a gem and the latter a
dog.

And the Russar is no dog.  It will run rings around this Nikon glass.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!