Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 .72
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 05:48:28 -0600

At 08:46 PM 01/09/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The announcement of an M7 .72 purportedly signed by Tom Abrahamson has the
>e-mail address of Toshihito Ozaki (toto__oz@hotmail.com). Unless there is
>other evidence, I would have to assume Toshihito Ozaki wrote a message to
>the list and signed it with another member's name. I don't know whether
>there is a policy about falsifying other people's names on this list; but,
>if not, I suggest we make one. In my view, anyone falsifying another
>member's "signature" should be warned the first time and eliminated from the
>list on the second occasion. To me, signing some else's name to a message is
>not a joke.
>
>--Gib Robinson

On the second such occurrence, I would suggest that the individual's ISP be
contacted, to make them aware of the incidence.  If it is ongoing, the ISP
will take whatever measures are deemed necessary.
   This has more to do with fraudulent misrepresentation and defamation of
character than any First Amendment issue.  Sending the email anonymously is
one thing, but signing it with someone else's name is entirely another.