Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R vs. Contax SLR lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:46:20 -0500

At 12:58 PM 9/3/99 +0200, you wrote:
>R8 (new with 2-year warranty) is now sold for around 1700 USD at an
>authorised dealer in Tokyo.  What does such a discount mean?

That it's nearly the same price as here? R8s have been selling here for
that price for some time. With the 3 year passport warranty.

Obviously, they are not selling well, so Leica is cutting the price to make
them sell. With all the bad publicity on the R8 to begin with, it's no
wonder people are reluctant to buy them. All I can say is mine has worked
flawlessly for almost two years.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"