Subject: Re: [Leica] ?1.4 Tele-converter-R??
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:03:28 -0700

Bud

>>I feel very confident in recommending the Macro Elmarit................a
28, 60, 90 and 2X extender makes a really nice travel kit.<<

As I said, I may sell my 50 Summicron R and pick up a 60/2.8. I'm going to
think about it. I don't want to having any regrets unloading my Summicron.
If I were starting from scratch I'd probably go with the 60. But I already
have the 50/2.

I've taken a number of great shots with the 50/2 this year (hope to post
some samples on an ftp site very soon).  As I study the techical aspect of
the negs and chromes I'm really reluctant to part with it. Though I suspect
that the 60/2.8 would perform just as well, it's difficult for me to part
with a proven winner. I'm trying to hold to my policy of not acquiring any
more equipment unless I sell something.

I average about 120 miles each week on a road bike. (Cycling and photogaphy
are very complimentary).  I carry my R7 and 50 Summicron at all times in a
small handlebar pack. Each time I ride I face a dilema regarding whether to
attach the 28 or 50. My creedo has always been "when in doubt take the 50".

BTW, I carry an R rather than an M when cycling for several reasons. I
shoot color and I use a polorizing filter. Weight is about the same though
the R is a little bulkier than an M. Many shots I take are very
spontaneous. I'll see something, jump off my bike, grab my camera and
shoot. I can focus an R faster in adequate light, though I can focus an M
more precisely in low light.

Dave

Dave