Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 05:26:26 -0500

At 05:02 AM 9/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Can
>someone tell me why or how the German lenses (or bodies) are better than
>the Canadian and how I can tell which is made where (particularly the
>lenses). I am not Canadian if that helps.

We will forgive you, being new and all. :-)

Canadian, German makes no difference. The Canadian factory in Midland,
Ontario IS an original Leica factory. Some of the best Leica lenses were
created there, let alone manufactured there, by Walter Mandler and friends.
The 180 Apo Telyt, the Noctilux, etc. Only the anal retentive require a
lens to be made in Germany.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"