Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:34:06 -0700

Dan Cardish writes:

|My point is that there *may* be a difference in quality between Leica
|lenses made in a Leica factory versus Leica lenses made in a non Leica
|factory.

I don't know why you make these types of speculations.  Since Leica is
responsible for the design and the final quality control what difference would
it make.  Factoring the lens to a different manufacturer would indicate that
Leica does not feel they have the capacity to efficiently manufacture the lens
in-house.  My concern would be if they became so arrogant and self-involved
that they thought that they could do everything in house, with minor factoring
to outside sources.  If they did that, they probably couldn't even build a
motor drive for their camera.

Bill Larsen
ohlen@lightspeed.net