Subject: [Leica] Re: Loose filter ring on 21mm f/3.4 SA M
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 17:00:57 -0400

Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net> wrote:

> I have the same problem on my 21 SA 3.4.  It has been that way for
> several years and does not seem to cause any image or operating problems.
> I understand this problem has been noticed by other owners of this lens.

Thanks.  I'd found no mention of this in the LUG archives.

Right now I have just a little fore-and-aft looseness in the filter ring.
But where there is play, there is likely to be accelerated wear, leading
to further looseness, etc.

Does anyone know what causes the looseness to develop initially?

- --
Pieter Bras