Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OM4Ti highlight setting
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 20:17:55 -0700

Actually, when I was using Olympus I found that feature quite useful to get a
speady approximation of a tough lighting situation when reaction time was
limited (moments!). I'd just hit the high and the low and bang, it was almost
always where I wanted it to be (I'm talking chrome, not negative where none of
that really matters much).

I liked Olympus but the craftsmanship behind the equipment was poor. Lots of
little niggling problems that, though they never shut down the system or
prevented a picture from being taken, eventually wore me down through
constantly having to send the gear in (I used OM4T's and OM-3's). Also, the
glass only seemed so-so (I know lot of people swear by it but I just didn't
see the magic).

I find the Leica SLR's to be far superior in all respects (though the R8 is an
oddity).

Dave Yoder