Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OM4Ti highlight setting
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:20:09 -0500

At 09:37 AM 9/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>With the camera set on automatic, the OM4Ti automatically sets the shutter
>speed by averaging the EVs of the measured spots. You can bias the metered
>average either with the exposure compensation dial, or by simply metering
>the same spot more than once (which will move the average closer to that

This reminds me of the scene in the Indiana Jones movie. This guy is
swinging his sword around (I think it was supposed to be Morocco - his
sword was crescent shaped). Very impressive display, obviously meant to
scare the opponent with the masterly swordsmanship. With this incredible
piece of sharpened steel singing in the air as  it pirouettes, slices the
air and makes large looping circles. All the while this guy is whipping his
sword around and getting ready to attack, Indy pulls a gun out of his
holster and shoots him.

Bang.

That's how I see this. While someone is swinging his OM4Ti around and
pushing buttons and studying the 10-stop exposure bar, and trying to
remember what spot on the bar goes with what part of the scene, tweaking
the exposure compensation around trying to get just the right balance, I've
shot the scene.

Bang.

Sorry, it just struck as funny. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"