Subject: Re: [Leica] Homophobic leicaphiles
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 00:11:49 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> >   Please Joseph, there are no other jokes or other type of humor. Any joke
> > you make, anything you laugh about, any comedy movie, does it at the
> > expense of others.
>
> What a load of absolute nonsense!  This is either an extremely diluted
> definition of humour, or so far off track it's astounding!
>
> M.
>
> --
> Martin Howard

It didn't strike me as a mean spirited Joke. The person in the Joke could have
said "Oh no that would make Fridays my favorite Day" just as easily. The humor
is in the assumption that this person in the joke was not gay and would
therefore not like the Fridays. Big deal.
But the fact that some Gay people here on the list didn't like it is more
important than what I think. Although one Gay fellow thought it was OK.
Nothing about Leica in the Joke though from what I remember about it.
I'm a half Jewish half Catholic Leica obsessed eccentric. You can make all the
jokes about my issues  you want as long as they are not mean spirited. I love to
laugh at myself and I don't mind if others do. I'm also a fan of dumb humor,
bathroom humor, humor at the gallows, irreverent humor, sicko humor even just
look at Saturday Night Live. But this isn't Jokeoramma it's the Leica Users Group.
Mark Rabiner