Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R. Singh
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:55:44 -0700

TSL wrote:

> Friends
> >
> >While learning that R. Singh recently passed on in Paris, I also read that
> >he "graduated" from Leica rangefinders to Nikon SLRs.  I wonder what made
> >him do the switch?
>
> >Dan K.
>
> This is awful.

Higher sync speeds.
I check out his gorgeous book today at Powells. He has no problem with having an
on camera flash kick in at high noon. Unless the flash was a monster this would
be a problem for our 1/50th of a second sync speed. 250th would be more to his
liking. And he uses it to great effect. A master. People will see this book and
go out and get a flash. It's use is subtle though.
Perhaps Leica should reintroduce a leaf shutter lens for the Leica M.
It's going to rethink approach to flash Singh speeds.
Mark Rabiner
This week I check out the Wegee show at the Portland Art Museum.