Subject: Re: [Leica] Motors vs. Winders (was Leica vs. Hasselblad)
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:02:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/99 4:30:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, corkflor@iol.ie
writes:

<< Who needs a motor drive?

 My personal view:

 Pros into action/sports photography. And, just maybe, amateurs (including
 myself) who use them mostly as a glorified winder, but occasionally need
 the fast frame facility. >>

*Anyone*, amateur or pro, who shoots sports or wildlife, can benefit from a
motor drive.  To me, however, the proposed motor *drive* for the R8 (4.5fps)
is what I'd call a winder.  The F4 (5.7fps) F5 (8fps) and 1nRS
(10?fps)...*those* are motor drives!