Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:28:33 EDT

robsteve@hfx.andara.com writes:

<< On another note, Galen is surprisingly short when you see him in person.  I
 would guess he is under 5.5 feet tall.  The images you see of him do not
 portray his height as being that short.  Not that height has anything to do
 with a persons skills, but it just seemed paradoxical for a well travelled
 adventurer to be so short.  I guess the Indianna Jones movies have us
 programmed to expect these adventures to be taller. >>

I wouldn't mind to be his height if I could be in as good physical condition
at his age (nearing 60).  He still climbs mountains and is in shape to run a
marathon.  Maybe not hauling all that excess meat and bone around has helped
him stay fit ; )