Subject: RE: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:28:14 -0600

> On another note, Galen is surprisingly short when you see him in
> person.  I
> would guess he is under 5.5 feet tall.  The images you see of him do not
> portray his height as being that short.  Not that height has
> anything to do
> with a persons skills, but it just seemed paradoxical for a well travelled
> adventurer to be so short.  I guess the Indiana Jones movies have us
> programmed to expect these adventures to be taller.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

Strange how the mind works! I bumped into Rowell in a Yellowknife
supermarket earlier in the year (or maybe last year) stocking up for a trip
out onto the tundra to photograph Caribou with "Tundra Tom", and I thought
exactly the same thing - hey, how come this guy is so short, you would never
know it from his books and articles! (and I aint exactly tall either!!).

Tim A