Subject: Re: [Leica] Help printing scanned Leica negatives!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:17:58 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> The irony of using a Leica camera and lens to expose a negative, and
> then use an ink-jet printer to make the print!  :)
>
> --
> What irony? The better the lens, the better the neg. The better the neg, the
> better the scan. The better the scan, the better the output. Isn't that
> essentially the photo corollary of garbage in, garbage out?

I got a DTP thing yesterday from my local Pro Camera store here in Portland OR.
"Bigger is better with Roland Hi-Fi Jet printers."
Six color ink jet printers with a twist. Six color printing but also utilize the
latest technology in CMYK and Pantone Hexachromic printing. Which is better than
4 color.
42 or 52 inches wide. Micro Peizo Technology 1440x720 dip. Each ink has it's own cartridge.
But the seemed to have forgotten to tell us what it cost. I assume somewhere
between 2 and $20,000.
Made me wish I had a larger format panoramic or at least an XPAN which Tom A
seems to think is OK.
Mark Rabiner