Subject: RE: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:45:18 -0400

I must admit that I had never heard about Galen Rowell till today
and having just visited his website I don't see any real reason to
get worked up about him.  He's clearly been to some really cool places,
but none of the photos that I saw on the website were really aesthetically
exceptional.  Yah the colours are vivid and the locations are superb
but so what? There was little interpretation of the scene, Rowell just
happens to take a snapshot of a really nice place. Pretty photos yes,
but no more than that.

I could care less if he used a Leica or a Nikon or a Voigtlander.

Jonathan Lee