Subject: Re: [Leica] M & R future
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:17:24 -0500

Bob,

Good to hear from you and also your defense of the R8.  I have been very
happy with my R8 since I went back to it.  I now have it and three lenmses:
35/1.4, 50/1.4 (newest) and 80/1.4, which work quite well for me on our
trips etc.  I also bought Doug Herr's R4sP last week for a back up and for
my wife to use.  I would have liked to have kept my M6 stuff but I just
can't keep two systems.

>From my personal experience I do not understand the negative attitudes
>about the R8 I read on this list. I have had no problems with my R8. I

I agree with you and also , personally, that you are having no problems
with it.

>like the camera very much. I feel it is by far the best SLR Leica has

I really like mine now.  I like it much better than the other R cameras I
have owned.  I am a slow learner and have to do things at least twice -
which is not only pretty stupid but very expensive.

>around. Stop the bleeding. But do not expect miracles. I will be happy
>with a motor drive for the R8. I am happy Leica has an SLR as competent
>as the R8. Leica may never be able to compete with Nikon and Canon in

Do you use the winder?  If so how do you like it??  Is it hard on
batteries???

We are going up to Wisconsin next week where I will give it a pretty good
work out.

I hope that everything is going well with you.

Take care,

Dick