Subject: RE: [Leica] anyone made a picture recently?
From: "Jon Ball" <jonballphotography@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 19:46:19 MST

>From: "Greg.Chappell" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
>To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>Subject: RE: [Leica] anyone made a picture recently?
>Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 15:32:30 -0500
>
>M2 type range/viewfinder repair would run up to $400. Check with someone
>like Golden Touch Repair or DAG, etc. that MIGHT have parts for the M3.
>Don't think M6J parts would work.
>
>Greg

I think Henry brings up an interesting point. I wonder how many of us use
these fine instruments like they should be used. I own an m6 with 35mm
summicron (latest before ASPH) the current 50 summicron and 90 tele-elmarit
(which has a tendency to flare but when its not its sharp and elegent) and I
shoot a roll per day somedays two. Just that act of a hearing the shutter
snap to attention makes my day sometimes. The pure joy of the perfect
instrument and the incredible images you can capture, thats what leica is to
me. Now granted I work at home and have a one year old to keep the film
running through the camera but I did the same when I had no child. Leicas
are made for photography, and a photographer is one who makes photographs.
If I could have my wish I'd want to see everyones images 9 times out of 10
over drivel about which 50mm summicron is best.