Subject: Re: [Leica] anyone made a picture recently?
From: Bernard Delgado <delgado@nytimes.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:02:46 -0500

>Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:35:14 -0600
>From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] anyone made a picture recently?
>
>Being completely and wonderfully fulfilled with the current threads hereä
>
>I wonderä
>
>HAS ANYONE MADE A PICTURE LATELY?
>
>OR USED THEIR LEICA?
>
>and
>
>Has anyone out there had experience with separation in the rangefinder?
>I'm thinking of buying an M3 that may have some trouble with this.  I
>detect some slight yellowing/mottling around the edges when looking
>through the finder from the front. I think this may indicate  incipient
>separation. Does it get worse? What is the repair? Whats the cost?
>
>Henry Ambrose
Hi,
If the viewfinder starts to seperate & you cant see the double image then
thats about the most expensive repair in an Mbody.

You cant always get the old M3 viewfinder as a replacement part.

I think its liek a $400-600  repair.

Dealers have told me that they'll pay no more than $200 for a leica body w/
such condition.

And yes, I take pix all the time. I'll send you a Jpeg if you like.
- -BMD