Subject: [Leica] re: Glass Negatives
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:09:55 -0400

While traveling in a mountainous region of North America I happened to stop
in a surplus/antique shop next door to a place where we ate (I normally
don't go in them, but hey, it's a vacation).
I found, and bought, stacked boxes of glass negs (marked "Seed's Dry
Plates") liberated from a building formerly housing the now defunct local
newspaper. The building burned down and these were found in the rubble.

While many are standard fare expected for the type of subject, there are
some real gems contained therein.  I've contacted all of them (about 105
images) and will make the body of work available to the Library of Congress
(if they accept these things without any records- I have zilch).

It's a real eye opener, as has been previously opined, looking at this work.
Sufficient inspiration to drag out the Leica and make a few exposures in
honorarium.