Subject: [Leica] Alps &Minolta Scanner
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:00:07 -0400

I have the ALPS and on a good day it can't be beat for quality, but I have
had to send it back three times for banding, the Inks must be mail ordered
and because it uses three passes ( the paper goes through three separate
times) it is very sensitive to almost anything. It will not use ink-jet
paper only laser paper for non-photo work.
To the person having problems with the Minolta I recommend shutting down
every extension you have before you scan. Norton and Wacom pads operating in
the background seem to screw it up. Try turning them all off ,then on one by
one to see which is screwing it up. Minolta Tech support is non-existent, I
actually had one say that everyone that knew what they were doing was out to
lunch.
I got so mad that I called my local Minolta Rep, told him to come to the
studio- pointed to a drawer that contained about $5000 worth of meters and
said to take them all back or fix my scanner- he got them back from lunch
and fixed my scanner. It really shouldn't take that much.