Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:48:43 -0400

This is a great discussion and in fact if GIMP does do everything (and more)
that Photoshop does then this would be a wonderful thing and a great cost
saving for us photographers...

Some questions I have are:
1) how easy is GIMP to use compared with Photoshop?
2) does GIMP have the extras like a gamma correction utility for the
monitor?
3) what about software modules that provide high quality scanning/over
sampling/linearization for film scanners such as the Polaroid, Nikon, HP
Photosmart etc? Do these already exist for GIMP or would you need to write
your own?
4) Are printer drivers available for the latest and greatest photoquality
printers?

Jonathan Borden