Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:55:30 -0500

At 02:44 PM 9/10/99 -0400, Martin Howard wrote:
>I'm willing to venture that I know Photoshop as well as you know The GIMP.
>
>Perhaps you'd like to be more specific, rather than limit yourself to
>innuendo?

Have you used GIMP professionally for the past seven years, every day? Have
you used Photoshop professionally that long? I have.

I've tried GIMP. It is a shadow of Photoshop when it comes to power and
features. Although I haven't seen what it can do over the past year or so.
Has it advanced that much in the past year? (Ignoring the fact that
Photoshop has just made major advances).

I have yet to see one single professional design/graphics house that uses
it over Photoshop. Can you name one? One newspaper? One magazine? I can
name hundreds that use Photoshop from tiny Weeklies to the New York Times
and all the major magazines and photo agencies. If GIMP was really that
good, I'm willing to wager it would be more accepted.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...