Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Black vs. silver
From: Martin Howard <mvh@media.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, jon honeyball wrote:

> A special edition Leica M6 that *actually gets used*?
>
> You mean this one wont come with the obligatory pair of white cotton gloves
> which it should be handled with?
>
> The brass under paint is a nice idea, but I really honestly wonder how many
> will even get a scratch, let alone something so value-deflating as wear&tear

If I could afford it, I would buy one in a flash.  It would definately get
used.  To my eye, a lovingly worn black-paint over brass camera is much more
esthetically pleasing than a mint one.  I couldn't give a toss about
collectors' value.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                                 (__)                 (__)
Visiting Scholar at MIT Media Lab |           (oo)                 (OO)
email: mvh@media.mit.edu          |   /|     ||
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/        | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~