Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:47:54 -0700

At 12:54 PM -0700 9/11/99, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Pascal wrote:
>>
>> On 09-09-1999 21:24 RBedw51767@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> >During this time I could have processed and printed a hundred rolls of film
>> >and be reminded each day with that wonderful aroma of hypo.  The adventure
>> >into digital has been painful and extremely aggravating.   Many more
>> >glitches
>> >and I am going to give the Minolta Scan Multi back to Minolta for good.
>>
>> Sorry to hear that. But in a recent comprehensive test of slide scanners
>> in MacUser, this Minolta scanner, although with decent enough hardware,
>> is not an advised buy because of the poor software. Its capabilities
>> cannot be exploited due to the soft.
>><Snip>
>The one that does medium format is no good! Not a lot of other options
>availble.
>I was thinking of getting that one.

I'm looking for something like that as well. I've pretty much decided on
the Powerlook III flatbed scanner. It'll do 1200dpi with about the same
Dmax capability as the Minolta, and the price has dropped to about $1100
from $3000+ a year ago. Wherever I've turned I've heard horror stories
about the Minolta and their tech support.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com