Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #60
From: Bert <mr.bass@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 01:03:28 +0200

>or the Vietnam-era Pulitzer shot of the prisoner being shot in the head
>(not sure if that was taken with a Leica or not).

It was. Do you have the Magic Moments book (40 years of Leica M)? This
photo is in this as well. I wouldn't call that photo a "magic moment", HCB
would agree it's more like a "decisive moment". I wonder what Eddie Adams
thinks (does he still live?) of this particular photo.

About Che, there's a story I once heard. Rene Burri (of Magnum fame) once
did a photo shoot of Che. When he was in Cuba again several years later he
saw one of his pictures from that shoot inside a bank. He took a picture of
it and was proptly arrested. When he explained he took the original
pictures everything was forgiven and he was treated as an honoured guest.

Bert K.