Subject: Re: [Leica] APO-ASPH Summicron 90
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 12:14:39 +0200

Dan wrote:

>Yes, I am aware that Erwin was one of the first people to get his hands on
>one and test it, and his report on it is one of the reasons I am as close
>as I am to buying the thing.  But I am also aware that by now a few
>additional luggers have also managed to get their hands on it, and I am
j>ust trying to get some additional feedback from them.

My experience is that is it phenomenally sharp, but so is the Elmarit. What
has struck me
is that my (Velvia) slides are just as contrasty as those made with the 24mm
Elmarit ASPH.
This may sound trivial, but contrast is what sets pictures in a slide series
apart. With these two ASPH's, in other words, it is only the picture that
tells you what lens it is made with, not the contrast,
sharpness or color rendition. Even, I have decided to leave Velvia for what
it is, and now use the Ektachrome E100 S and E110 VS. On Velvia my shadows
just get to black and
empty!

The lens is biggish, compared to the Elmarit. Weight is similar.
Nomproblem with the viewfinder.

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam, Holland